- This link is Emma Watson’s famous speech for gender equality. She is an actress and she supports feminism- a rare combination in today’s world. In the video she explains her new organization He for She which will promote men to join the cause of feminism.
- Tumblr is a website that allows users to create blogs and share their opinions. Some women have used this sight as a platform to share their anti-feminist sentiment. This link shows how the word feminism has become a bad word. These are women who say they don’t need feminism. It shows how a society where women abdicate their own rights because to be feminist is to be a radical. This is the sentiment needs to be changed.
- The history of feminism is seldom taught in social studies classes. This pdf file explains the history of feminism in three segments- or waves. It is a good essay to read to understand the origins of the feminist movement.
- Over the last few years, the Best Actor Oscar has brought upon intense competition. The Best Actress Category last few years are far from comparable. This article explains the phenomena and address the deficiency of movies with women in a starring role. It’s a good article to read to get the modern view of an ongoing problem.
- This TED talk was the video that made me realize my blog should cover feminism. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a decorated professor in both the United States and Nigeria. She made me realize that feminism is worldly issue. Her speech is also featured in the Beyoncé song “Flawless’ which is considered to be her most feminist album.
- This article argues that women have the power to star in films and bring in the cash. It is a common misconception that men do not want to see women taking charge as the lead character. The New York times uses statistics and examples to help prove this notion false.
- The Sundance channel made a list of films classified as “secretly” feminist. Often times, people are bored with movies and books that are critically acclaimed as feminist like The Awakening. This is a list engaging and entertaining films that everyone should see.
- This is a great that offers up many different views on feminism. It offers many engaging articles that current. The articles cover everything from sexism in Disney to Kim Kardashians latest scandalous internet pics.